In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

East Grand School

Danforth Catholic Church

Contributed by East Grand School
MMN Item 19610 Item Details
Danforth Catholic Church
MMN Item 19610 Zoom

Description

Missionary priests from Benedicta or Houlton started the first Catholic services in around 1861 in Danforth. Services were first held in private homes until the St. Anns Catholic Church that is here today was built in 1904. The Church is a small one, 25 ft. by 37 ft. It can hold up to 100 people.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.